HTML is the abbreviation of Hypertext Markup Language. HTML5 is the latest 5th version of Hypertext Markup Language. Other versions of HTML were only limited to the websites but with HTML5 we can create fully functional web applications. This markup language initially released in 28 October 2014. This widely used language helps to structure and present content on the WWW (World Wide Web).
Simple HTML5 Example:
Let me show you very simple and easy example. I’m sure you will enjoy learning this markup language.
<title>Title of the document</title>
Content of the document……
let’s take a closer look at the declarations.
Declaration of DOCTYPE for HTML5
First step is to declare DOCTYPE for HTML5. It’s extremely easy to declare it. This DOCTYPE declaration specifies that it’s HTML document.
Declare the Character Encoding
After calling the, we have to Declare the Character Encoding to charset. HTML5 default character encoding is UTF-8. If you are using any other previous Encodings, then I suggest you to switch it to UTF-8. This Encoding made it super easy to handle characters with the usage of scripts.
HTML5 Uses and advantages:
1. Websites and Web applications – Made it super easy to create advanced Websites and Web applications.
2. Improved and Clean codes – We can improve and clean our codes with HTML elements.
3. Smart Codes – Web developers can write smart codes with this modern language.
4. Audio, Video, Animations: Embed all of them without third party support.
5. Canvas – Renders Rich media without any plugin.
6. Mobile Support – Provides great Mobile Support.
7. Geolocation – Best current uses on Mobile phones.
8. Game Development – Helps to create fully functional and High quality games.
9. Application Cache – It works something like cookies but cookies can store only small files. It provides the facility to store larger files without any trouble.
10. Fancy Web Forms – Made it easy to generate Fancy Web form.
HTML5 Browser Support:
HTML5 is supported in all modern browsers.
Old browsers handle new elements as inline style.
Liked this article then why not subscribe to our feeds.
If you want to learn PHP then follow this guide.